Thursday, April 2, 2009

She means we're bouncing into [Santiago]

Tonight I found myself on a miniature trampoline, surrounded by Chileans on their own miniature trampolines, bouncing along to American techno music while a toned Chilean man shouted garbled Spanish instructions into a headset. As most of you know my affinity for trampolines (and garbled Spanish, for that matter), this was pretty much an ideal situation for me.

My friend Lindsay has a gym membership here in Santiago and as a result has the pleasure of attending "Powerjump" classes a few times a week. I was so jealous when she told me about the class that she called the gym and asked if her friend who's "looking for a gym" could try a class. They obliged, as Chileans usually do, so there we were, two red-faced gringas trying desperately not to fly off our little trampolines. I don't want to say that it was the most amazing and/or ridiculous moment I've had thus far in Chile, but I couldn't help but think as I jumped and shouted "Hey! Hey! Hey!" along with the other participants that I'm doing something quite right with my life right now.

1 comment:

Clair and Blake Daley said...

that's so mariah! love it!!!